Saturday 10 August 2013

When the teacher gets in the way of learning

Do students learn differently than we did? Absolutely.

Sometimes I feel I am holding them back as a teacher, and this feeling was never more prevalent than this afternoon with my own daughter Rachel. In Year 7 she saw me creating some online tutorials about a new App called GamePress. It is an App that allows students to create their own games and learn to code at the same time.

learning to code


I allowed her to sit down on the iPad and follow my instructions/tutorials on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/appsbypaulhamilton/videos

Before I knew it she was learning in a way that illustrated the power of the flipped classroom and the power of video instruction in the younger generations.

Let's keep an open mind teachers:






No comments:

Post a Comment